Making Sense - Released TODAY!

My first book, Making Sense: A Guide to Sensory Issues was officially released today!


I had the surreal experience of holding my first printed copy on Friday. I immediately flipped through the book, stunned with my mouth ajar, so excited to see the past year's worth of work in its final form . . . and then, of course I burst into tears. 

Once I recovered, I took this selfie:


Writing this book has been such an intensely personal experience for me. Like someone recently said, writing about SPD while having SPD is essentially writing about yourself. I know about SPD through my own experiences as well as hearing from so many others like me (and you!) across the globe, and so this book not only represents who I am and what I have, it ultimately also represents the community I love so deeply - and I hope it shows. 

One sensory friend told me that he loved the book so much, he read it in its entirety in a single day. He has the honor of being my first community reviewer, and here's what he had to say about Making Sense:

In honor of this momentous occasion, my very dear friend and book illustrator, Kelly Dillon of Eating Off Plastic, wrote the most amusing blog post about why everyone needs to buy Making Sense ASAP (accompanied by this little adorable drawing):


I'm honored to have had the opportunity to write this book, and I'm beyond thankful for the boundless support of family, friends, and the entire extended sensory community. I hope you read it and love it as much as I do . . . and if you do, I hope you tell me about it. Email me a selfie of you holding the book or take a picture of the book sitting next to your favorite sensory tools. Leave me some love on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Share the book via social media and with your loved ones, friends, schools, and therapists. 

I'll continue featuring quotes and photos of the entire Making Sense release up here, so stay tuned for more updates!

Comments

  1. I just ordered your book! I'm also a writer and a late-diagnosis SPDer. Over the past few months, I've just started to make sense of my experiences and look for support for my issues -- and your blog has been so VERY helpful. It's given me guidance, solace, and more than anything, is so comforting to see your transition from diagnosis to now. Now I'm so looking forward to reading your book:) Thank you for all you've done for all of us with SPD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, thanks for this truly wonderful note! I'm happy to know that my blog's been so helpful for you :) I really hope you like the book . . . you'll have to let me know.

      Delete
    2. I'm sure I will! Looks like it'll be here tomorrow:) Huzzah!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts